What is UTMCUTMC is the section of LCC responsible for anything involving traffic signals in Leeds. There are approximately 500 sets of signals in Leeds, of which approximately 280 are linked to the central control computer. The work of this section covers:
- Maintenance of all signals (junction and pedestrian crossings)
- Setting signal timings and coordination of groups of signals
- Moment by moment network management - utilising signals to deal with localised problems.
- Concept design is the design at an initial stage of a scheme that involves traffic signals
- Detailed design is the exact layout and placement of signal equipment
- Junctions for new developments
- Installation of new signals
The UTMC Control DeskThe control desk is manned
- 7am to 7pm weekdays
- 9am-5pm on Saturdays
- Additional hours to cover special events and the lead-up to Christmas.
Contact the UTMC team
To report a highways issue to the UTMC team please use the link below: