Web survey summary"This document presents the results and analysis of an online survey conducted to determine visitor usage and perception of the Leeds Travel Info real-time travel information website. The site receives in excess of 1,000 visits per day, rising to 5,000 - 10,000 on days when major incidents occur. Website visitors were queried about their opinion and usage of the site, including their frequency of access, use of site information and facilities; how the information influenced their travel decisions, and what additional facilities they would make use of if made available. The voluntary survey was conducted over a 6 month period from June to December 2008. A total of 304 responses were received. Key survey findings include:
- 80% of visitors to the site will occasionally or often make a change to their journey plans based on information they find on the site
- The perception of the website was favourable, with almost three-quarters of respondents finding the information useful or very useful.
- The majority of visitors to the site are regular commuters in Leeds. Most are car or public transport users and fall into the 31 to 60 year old age group.
- Almost half of respondents access the site most weeks or with greater regularity, and do so from both home and at work in similar proportion.
- Most visitors were using the website to seek information on current traffic and road conditions, with a particular interest in congestion and roadwork data. Live CCTV images were very popular, as was motorway and general travel information.
To download the full report, click here